Sunday, December 8, 2013

Whew! Part Deux


We have barreled head long into the holiday season- it has been another crazy busy weekend but tons o' fun.
We forgot to include some pictures of us decorating for Christmas in our shorts last weekend.  It was awesome considering that Denver is experiencing record cold.  Have we mentioned that we are glad to be back??





It did get a tad bit chilly over the week here- we dropped all the way down to 50 degrees for a high on Thursday.  It was chilly enough that mom broke out the hot cocoa and even had a cup herself.  That doesn't happen often here so we took our time and really enjoyed it.


On Friday, the lower grades at my school put on a show for Christmas.  Mom and dad both played hooky from work and headed over to watch me sing.



I am the one in the second row with green head band.  My music teacher made them and glued spicy gum drops to the paper.  When we got home, I ate the top half of the gum drop.  I've never let a little glue stop my consumption of candy......


After a fun afternoon at school, we met our friends up at the fancy mall for dinner and the snow fall.  It actually felt cold enough for snow- we bundled up good and had a great time jumping around in the "snow".


All was fun and good until I got some "snow" in my eye.  Turns out it was soap and it doesn't feel to good in the ol' eyeball.  So much for a winter wonderland.  Once I recovered from that trauma we all got back to having a fun time.




Saturday was another full, fun day.  Our cousin Becky from Phoenix was in town to run in the Tucson Marathon so we met her for lunch.  She brought her dog, Dre, who is almost as spoiled as I am.  The past year or so, I have reverted to toddler hood and will only things if they are in the shape of a nugget or noodle and the menu at the restaurant had no noodles or nuggets (it was a "healthy" restaurant and it was delicious- for the adults).  After some tense negotiations, I agreed to the grilled chicken breast but only because Dre got one too.  He finished his a lot faster than I did but I did eventually finish it- which earned me a scoop of snicker doodle ice cream that was enormously tasty.  It made the chicken totally worth it.



After lunch, we headed home for a quick pit stop before heading out to one of my classmate's birthday party.  It was at awesome indoor kid gym with obstacle courses, games, swinging ropes.  And the best part, at least according to mom and dad was that Borderlands Brewery was right next door.  Mom and dad checked me in and then headed next door to hang out with all the other parents and sample some local brew.  Mom thought it was the best birthday party ever!
We had to leave the party a little early because mom and dad had a show to go to.  They managed to get my old preschool teacher to babysit again.  Yeah!  She wanted to take me to see the Zoo Lights at the zoo so I got dropped off at her house.  She and I had a fabulous time, drank to much cocoa and stayed up too late.
While Ms. Barb and I were running around the zoo, mom and dad headed out to catch "American Idiot".  It is a Broadway show written by the band Green Day.  They both loved it so it was a successful night all around.
On Sunday, Grandpa Vern and Grandma Sue came over to take us out for Dad's upcoming birthday, AKA Richmas.  We headed over to the Good Egg which rivals Snooze in Denver for yumminess.  Everyone left fat and happy which was good because we all had to do some power shopping for Christmas.  Mom headed off in her direction, dad and I headed out in another and everyone came home tired but with goals met.
We are wrapping up the evening with a little chicken tortilla soup and Finding Nemo.  A nice relaxing end to a crazy weekend.
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment